CM/ECF NextGen is NOW LIVE!
NextGen enables single-login access to all federal courts – appellate, district, and bankruptcy - in which the user is eligible to practice. The single point of entry is called Central Sign-On (CSO), and access for all e-filing and query function is through PACER.
Attorneys, Law Firm Staff, Trustees, and Trustee Offices:
Read the following carefully and follow all instructions.
DO THIS NOW: Every e-filer must have their own PACER account. After the court has transitioned to NextGen on April 4th, the PACER account must be linked with the court-issued CM/ECF account. Shared PACER accounts cannot be used. Review the following as needed:
NOTE: New attorneys, those who do not currently e-file in the Southern District of Florida, must complete a local registration form before being granted access to NextGen. Go to: www.flsb.uscourts.gov/forms/local-forms and select LF-95.
DO THIS NOW: Every e-filer must have an upgraded PACER account. Upgrade your account now if you have not already done so. ONLY upgraded accounts will work with NextGen.
DO THIS ON OR AFTER April 4th, 2022: Every e-filer must link their upgraded PACER account to their court-issued CM/ECF account. Note the following:
- YOU MUST KNOW YOUR CURRENT CM/ECF LOGIN AND PASSWORD BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO LINK YOUR TWO ACCOUNTS. Use this sheet to record your court-issued information: “NextGen Preparation E-filer Information”.
- Know that existing web browser links will no longer work after April 4th.
- If your account credentials are stored in a web browser, know that your court-issued credentials will no longer work after April 4th.
- The court does not have access to your current login and password.
- If you don’t know your court-issued credentials, reset your password before March 26, 2022.
- Instructions – “Linking Your Bankruptcy Court CM/ECF Account”. This is a one-time process that is done after the court is live on NextGen; do it on or after April 4th.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I know if I have an upgraded PACER account? From the PACER website, log into “Manage My Account” and check your “Account Type”, or click on any of the options under the Settings tab. You will be prompted to upgrade your account.
After April 4, 2022, each attorney and filing agent must have an individual PACER account to use in NextGen. Law firms may setup a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to manage the billing for individual attorneys’ accounts and PACER access fees. NOTE: PAAs are for firm account management only and do not have access to case information or filing privileges.
Questions regarding PACER accounts should be directed to the PACER Service Center at:
PACER Service Center website: https://pacer.uscourts.gov/
PACER email address: email@example.com
PACER Service Center: (800) 676-6856
Note: You will continue to use your CM/ECF login and password to file electronically in CM/ECF courts that have not completed a migration to NextGen. To see a list of the courts currently using NextGen CM/ECF, Click Here. Eventually, NextGen CM/ECF will be instituted in all federal courts (appellate, district and bankruptcy).
CM/ECF New User Registration
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida sets forth requirements for attorney appearances in cases and proceedings before the court in the following local rules:
- 2090-1 Attorneys
- 2090-2 Attorney Discipline
- 2091-1 Attorney – Changes in Attorney of Record for Parties in Cases or Proceedings
- 5005-4 Electronic Filing
To register for CM/ECF electronic filing, identify the Category of Filing from the three forms below. Follow the instructions contained in the form.
- Acknowledgment of Responsibility and Registration Form Full Attorney Privileges (rev. 04/04/22) [PDF] [Word]
- Acknowledgment of Responsibility and Registration Form Limited Filer (rev. 04/04/22) [PDF] [Word]
- Acknowledgment of Responsibility and Registration Form Trustee (rev. 04/04/22) [PDF] [Word]
Contact us at CMECF_support@flsb.uscourts.gov or Maria Cervino at 305-714-1839 for additional questions when submitting the form.
Access to the LIVE database is authorized only upon completion of a registration form. Once you receive your login and password, save the link [https://ecf.flsb.uscourts.gov/] on your browser. The database is independent of this website and can be accessed separately.
Find a Case (PACER)
Court ECF/PACER Sites
Geographic Boundaries of US Courts
We appreciate your continued support and cooperation. For more information about CM/ECF, please do not hesitate to contact our CM/ECF Help Desks. Case related questions should be directed to the division in which the case judge is assigned.
- Miami (305) 714-1800
- Ft. Lauderdale (954) 769-5700
- West Palm Beach (561) 514-4100