The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida sets forth requirements for electronic filing under Local Rule 5005-4 Electronic Filing.
There are two types of registered CM/ECF users – those with full filing privileges and those with limited filing privileges. For both types, there is a free online training you can register for. Additionally, you can review the Category of Filing to determine which efiler type (full or limited) best fits your needs. The online CM/ECF training program (eTraining) consists of a series of Electronic Learning Modules (ELMs) which focuses on all aspects of bankruptcy and adversary case filing. The eTraining Program provides immediate, 24 hour access from your home or office computer and can be completed in a single sitting or over several days.
There are 4 simple steps to complete the eTraining program and obtain your CM/ECF efiling credentials:
- Register and select the Category of Filing based on best fit for the efiling you will be doing in CM/ECF the majority of the time.
- Change your user password and login (Capture this for your records along with your user ID.)
- Complete the required ELMs for the Category of filing chosen. Each module must be passed with a score of 80% or higher.
- Once you have successfully passed the ELMs, request a LIVE login by finalizing and submitting the Registration Form.
If you are unable to submit the registration form, do the following:
- Login to eTraining using the Internet Explorer browser
- From Tools (in the browsers Main Menu), select Compatibility View Settings> Add our court url extension (uscourts.gov)
For a smoother user experience use the Internet Explorer browser and you meet the following minimum requirements to register for eTraining and view the ELMs:
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later (do NOT use Google Chrome or Edge)
- Flash Player 8.0 or later
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 and 256 colors or greater
- Sound card with speakers or headphones
Note: Once you receive your LIVE CM/ECF Login, Microsoft Edge Browser (version 42.17134.1.0 released 4/30/18) users should use an alternate browser in CM/ECF or PACER to ensure data integrity and security to those systems. Recommended browsers include: Internet Explorer 11 and/or Firefox 60.0.1.
We appreciate your continued support and cooperation. Contact the court's training team for questions concerning the registration process or eTraining at CMECF_support@flsb.uscourts.gov .