The judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida have formed a standing Bankruptcy Lawyers Advisory Committee (the “LAC”) [See Administrative Order: 2018-05 and 2018-06]:
- To receive requests from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida (the “Court”) to consider issues relating to, arising from, and/or affecting the practice of law before the Court;
- To recommend to the Court changes in bankruptcy practice and/or procedures throughout the district;
- To act as a liaison between the Court and bankruptcy law practitioners throughout the district;
- To develop, implement, and maintain various bankruptcy-related programs in the district, as requested by the Court; and
- To consider or initiate any matter related to bankruptcy that it deems appropriate.
Lawyer Mental Health Resources Are Available to You: The Florida Bar is working to destigmatize mental illness, recommend best practices and remedies, and to help bring more balance into the daily professional lives of attorneys who practice in the State of Florida. If you are suffering from mental health or substance abuse challenges, there are resources available to help you at https://www.floridabar.org/member/healthandwellnesscenter/ and at the Florida Lawyers Helpline (833) 351-9355. It’s OK to ask for help. You are not alone.