The judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida have formed a standing Bankruptcy Lawyers Advisory Committee (the “LAC”) [See Administrative Order: 2018-05 and 2018-06]:
- To receive requests from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida (the “Court”) to consider issues relating to, arising from, and/or affecting the practice of law before the Court;
- To recommend to the Court changes in bankruptcy practice and/or procedures throughout the district;
- To act as a liaison between the Court and bankruptcy law practitioners throughout the district;
- To develop, implement, and maintain various bankruptcy-related programs in the district, as requested by the Court; and
- To consider or initiate any matter related to bankruptcy that it deems appropriate.