SPECIAL INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES
- With the exception of certain Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 matters that may be self-calendared (see Guidelines for Self-Calendaring), Judge Mark’s calendar is maintained exclusively by the Courtroom Deputy. DO NOT call Judge Mark’s chambers about calendar matters. Check CM/ECF-PACER to determine the status of an order. For routine matters, you may call Judge Mark’s Courtroom Deputy to inquire about the status of an order ONLY if ten (10) days have elapsed from the date the order was submitted. For matters taken under advisement, you may call Judge Mark’s Courtroom Deputy to inquire about the status of the matter ONLY if sixty (60) days have elapsed from the later of the close of the briefing schedule or the date the matter was taken under advisement.
- Chambers are to be contacted for information concerning emergency matters only.
- Proposed orders which may need revising should be submitted electronically to RAM_chambers@flsb.uscourts.gov
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY ANY PARTICIPANT RECORD OR BROADCAST THE PROCEEDINGS CONDUCTED BY THE BANKRUPTCY COURT
- Beginning May 1, 2015, telephonic hearings before Judge Mark will be through CourtCall. The CourtCall Reservation Number to schedule telephonic appearances is: 1-866-582-6878.
- Absent an emergency, telephone appearances must be arranged no later than 8:00 a.m., Eastern Savings Time, on the morning of the hearing, by calling CourtCall.
- Any request for a telephonic appearance made after the 8:00 a.m. deadline, must be approved by the Court by contacting the Courtroom Deputy at (305) 714-1766, or the Judge’s Chambers at (305) 714-1760.
- Counsel appearing by telephone must be available when the hearing is scheduled and remain on the line until the matter is reached.
- Counsel appearing telephonically may not use a speakerphone. A handset must be used. Counsel shall state his/her name and spell the last name. Thereafter, each time he/she speaks, counsel shall again state his/her name so the record will be clear.
TELEPHONIC HEARINGS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED UNDER THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Miami-Dade County attorneys may not appear by telephone except in emergency situations with specific authorization from Judge Mark’s Chambers.
- Chapter 13 hearings, except those that are scheduled on non-chapter 13 calendar days.
- Trials and evidentiary hearings.
- Chapter 11 status conferences and confirmation hearings.
- Discovery disputes (unless authorized by the court).
A WAIVER OF THE COURTCALL FEES CAN BE APPROVED FOR PRO SE PARTIES WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY BEEN GRANTED IN FORMA PAUPERIS STATUS, PARTIES REPRESENTED BY LEGAL SERVICES ON A PRO BONO BASIS, AND CERTAIN GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES, IF REQUESTED PRIOR TO THE HEARING AND APPROVED BY JUDGE MARK. IF SUCH REQUEST IS APPROVED, THE COURT WILL NOTIFY COURTCALL PRIOR TO THE HEARING OF SUCH WAIVER OF FEES.