THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA CELEBRATES
NATIONAL PRO BONO WEEK 2017
Message from ABA President, Hilarie Bass
Florida Pro Bono Matters
2017 Pro Bono Poster
Pro Bono Training For Volunteer Lawyers
“Demystifying Bankruptcy Pro Bono”
[Free CLE Credit Offered – RSVP by October 18]
PRO BONO HONOR ROLL
FIND A PRO BONO OPPORTUNITY TODAY!
“We are bound by a responsibility to use our unique skills and training – not just to advance cases, but to serve a cause; and to help our nation fulfill its founding promise of equal justice under law…The obligation of pro bono service must become a part of the DNA of both the legal profession and of every lawyer.” Eric Holder
Read Attorney General Eric Holder’s address to participants at the National Pro Bono Summit on October 25, 2011 in Washington, D.C.
United States Bankruptcy Court – FLS
United States District Court – FLS
In person: Stop by our sign-up desks during National Pro Bono Week 2017!
NATIONAL PRO BONO WEEK 2017 LOCAL EVENTS
(Please visit our court websites for a complete calendar of events)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida: www.flsd.uscourts.gov/
- Pro Bono Sign-Up Tables at Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach Courthouses,
- Oct. 23 – Oct. 27 all day / at Miami Courthouse during Training and Reception
- FBA Broward Chapter Luncheon / Tower Club / Oct. 19 at 12 pm
- FBA Palm Beach Chapter Reception / The Kravis Center / Oct. 5 at 5:30 pm
- FBA South Florida Chapter Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney Training and Reception / Wilkie D. Ferguson Courthouse / Oct. 24 / Training: 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm / Reception: 5:30 pm
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida: www.flsb.uscourts.gov/
- Pro Bono Attorney Training / C. Clyde Atkins Courthouse (Mia) / Oct. 23 at 8 am
- Pro Se Bankruptcy Clinic / 1515 N. Flagler Drive, 8th Floor (W. Palm Beach) / Oct. 4 at noon
- Pro Se Bankruptcy Clinic / C. Clyde Atkins Courthouse (Mia) / Oct. 13 at noon
- Pro Se Bankruptcy Clinic / 299 East Broward Blvd. Room 112 (Ft. Laud.) / Oct. 27 at noon
- Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney Recognition Luncheon / Location: TBD / Nov. 3 at 12:30 pm
- Pro Bono Recruitment Tables at the Family Law Courthouse / 175 NW First Avenue (Mia) / Oct. 24 from 8:00-11:30 a.m.
- Pro Bono Recruitment Tables at the South Dade Justice Center / 10710 SW 211 Street (Mia) / Oct. 24 from 8:00-11:30 a.m.